There is no better thing than finding free tools that compliment your investing journey. Today we will look at the top 11 free resources that you can use to complement your investing analysis.
If you haven’t subscribed yet, please subscribe to the newsletter to know more about personal finance, trading and investing.
The criteria that I used is quite simple.
First, the program must be free of cost and the essential features most investors use are included free of charge.
Secondly, there is a lot of software that supports American and other markets very few support ASX. So all these software’s must support Australian markets (ASX) as well.
1. Trading view:
- First up is Trading view, A charting tool, quite popular and it is free for a base version.
- If you are starting in your investment journey and are a fundamental analyst or technical analyst then I feel the base version is more than enough.
- There is just not a charting aspect, it also has social and screening functionality to it. It has a ton of indicators for a free version. In most trading software you need to pay lots of money for the same features.
- There is also a premium version for $14.95 per month, you can do your own scripting on the charts, quite powerful in charting but I feel the scanner has a lot of room for improvements.
- With Prorealtime define the scanning criteria and scan Australian markets (ASX) for free.
- Unlimited access to End of day charts.
- You can define custom alerts for your shares.
- The charting and scanning capability of this solid. You can scan the entire market with pro-screener with no programming required.
- The paid version offers you real-time data.
- Incredible charts offer you charting software as the name indicates.
- The free version of this software offers End of day ASX charts the next day at 10 AM.
- It also offers scanners to scan the entire ASX market but it is at a basic level.
- If you want me to do a complete review of Prorealtime and incredible charts please let me know in comments below.
- Next on the list is investing.com, you can scan the entire ASX market on fundamental data or view charts.
- To access the screener go to investing.com and change the country to Australia
- You can view the economic calendar, dividend calendar, stocks splits and IPO calendar.
- You can scan the entire Australian market on Fundamental, Technical, performance and Candlestick patterns
- Next on the list is Marketindex.com, a lightweight version compared to Investing.com
- Provides basic charting, dividend history, company overview.
- Apart from commodities charts and the ability to download 40 years of commodity data, It also provides a consolidated view of director transactions.
- Next on the list is centralcharts.com, apart from offering charts and scanning tools central charts identify opportunities using artificial intelligence.
- It also offers advanced charting software, you can register to become a free member.
- There is a social aspect to this software, traders can share their analysis.
- A Stock Screener that searches through a large amount of stock data and returns a list of stocks that match one or more selected criteria.
- Very popular software to scan markets based on fundamental data.
- Go to finviz.com, select screener, change the country to Australia, to scan the Australian market.
- Next software the I use very often is IstheMarketopen.com.
- Since Australia market reacts to the tunes of the US market, this helps me to understand if the US market is close or if there are any public holidays.
- Bloomberg TV is a free streaming website to get the latest news and watch great interviews with top business heads.
- Thanks for watching, links are in the description, if this video was helpful to you leave a thumbs up.
What is your favourite free software let us know about it in the comments below.
If you are new to the website please Subscribe to the newsletter for posts on personal finance and investing here on piggywise.com
Leave a Reply